If you are a currently sworn Law Enforcement Officer this is the course that you want if you carry, will be carrying, or wish to carry a rifle on the job. It will help to indemnify you in court, if you use the firearm in your course of duty! This training is New York State MPTC approved and will show up on your DCJS training records.
The Patrol Rifle Course is an initial course designed for currently sworn law enforcement officers who have completed the initial firearms section during basic training. It provides law enforcement agencies across the state with a minimum patrol rifle (aka AR which stands for Armalite Rifle) standard that will enhance public safety in New York State and enable agencies across the state to be confident of the capabilities of members of their agencies.
The Patrol Rifle Course was developed by a panel of subject matter experts that provided decades of practical experience in firearms training to the project. The course was derived from the firearms section of the SWAT Operators Course that was developed by a group of subject matter experts representing the New York Police Department, New York Association of Chiefs of Police, New York State Sheriffs’ Association, New York State Police, New York Tactical Officers Association, NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services and NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services.
Investment: $200 for 14 hours of training. A course of this length and content would normally cost over $500! Registering below. Contact us for more info.
Prerequisites: You MUST be a currently sworn law enforcement officer.
Course of Fire: B-27 up to one hundred (100) yards
Student Evaluation Standards: Firearms, Demonstration Objectives, Final Examination
- Patrol rifle
- Sling for rifle
- Three rifle magazines
- 500 rounds rifle ammunition
- 100 rounds handgun ammunition
- Duty handgun
- Three handgun magazines
- Soft body armor
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Baseball style hat
- Duty gun belt regularly carried with:
- Handgun ammunition pouch
- Rifle ammunition pouch
- Handcuff pouch
- Belt keepers
Note: You can purchase gear, guns, and ammo here
CLICK SUBMIT REGISTRATION ABOVE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Payment: This course is only $200. After filling out the form above and clicking the “Submit Registration” button above the form will take you to a page to make payment with PayPal/credit card. If you accidentally closed out of the payment page you can make payment from our PAYMENT PAGE. If you want to mail a check/money order you can close out of the payment page, after clicking “Submit Registration” above and visit our PAYMENT PAGE for directions on where to mail a check/money order and who to make it out to. You can also review our payment terms on that page.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and fully make payment in order to secure a seat in this course.
- Attendance: Fourteen-hours (14) of training is required to complete the course. Students must attend all hours of the training in order to successfully complete the training and be issued a DCJS certificate.
Curriculum: All curriculum and standards-of-training are set forth by the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS), Municipal Police Training Council (MPTC).
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location for only $10 more per student. We do require a minimum of eight students for any private course. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the above form drop down and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Contact us with any questions.