So you want to obtain the unicorn of New York State pistol licenses? Do your friends recite the typical “The judge in my county only issues sportsman restrictions”? Most attorneys charge more than $500 or into the thousands of dollars to assist you in capturing the illusive unrestricted license! For a fraction of the cost, only $300, military veteran, law enforcement officer, firearms, and self-defense instructor Matt Mallory and his team will help you to craft that perfect letter to your licensing officer (judge). When attorneys need their letter written then hire Matt!
NOTE: Some counties do NOT require a letter or reason of proper cause. If you don’t know what your county requires, contact us.
If you don’t know what to say on your application for your initial pistol license or are looking to get a restriction removed from your current license, you have come to the right place!
Read what our clients say about us helping to get them an unrestricted license:
"PS and Ed is amazing! The courses are so informational and Matt keeps the class fun an engaging. I was shocked when class ended as it didn’t feel like it had been 5 hours. I will only take classes through PS and Ed!" ~ Kaitlin Y. of Liverpool, NY
I was approved no restrictions by Judge Thomas J. Miller. Thank you for all your help. ~ Jodi W. from Syracuse about our “Proper Cause” Letter Writing Service
Approved no restrictions…
"PS&Ed staff were more than helpful in assisting me while I was applying for an upgrade to a pistol permit with no restrictions. Matt is extremely knowledgeable on gun safety, laws, and the 2nd Amendment. After a long 2 years of trying to obtain my carry permit, I received my full carry permit and I could not have done it without the confidence, expertise, and care of Matt and his team. He really cares about your interests and will not give up until your goal is achieved, or if all ideas are outsourced. What started 2 years ago for me as an interest in target shooting has become a desire to live a lifestyle in carrying responsibly, and to become a supporter in promoting change to some of New York's difficult laws on purchasing, acquiring, inheriting, owing, and possessing firearms. My advice to all for acquiring an unrestricted pistol permit is to enroll in the Handgun Safety and NRA Basic Pistol courses. Keep taking classes with Matt, you will learn so much about guns, safety, and federal and state laws. You will also learn how to properly react in threatening situations; if you ever have to draw a weapon. Be patient with your judge, and instructor do not give up if you are denied the privilege of having an unrestricted pistol permit. It is an honored achievement when you can obtain an unrestricted pistol permit on your own with the courteous help of an instructor, rather than applying though cronyism." ~ Brandon B. from Clay, NY about our "Proper Cause" Letter Writing Service and many courses
I received my full carry permit…
"Excellent instruction. I have taken multiple courses from PS&ED; Article 35, SIMCO, USCCA, ETC… This not only helped get my restrictions removed but it provided realistic situational instruction as well as clear information regarding legal rights and responsibilities. This is NOT target shooting at the range. This is situational recognition, avoidance, engagement, legal ramifications, etc… I believe this is good experience for anyone wishing to carry unrestricted and I believe the judges look favorably on this type of instruction." ~ Paul from Liverpool, NY about many of our courses and helping to get his restriction removed
"I think all the classes help but what put it over the top was the letter you wrote for me.You said everything I wanted to say but did not know how to put into the correct words. So thank you very much. I will spread the word to all I know looking to get a firearm permit the safe and correct way." ~ Jim from Syracuse, NY about our "Proper Cause" Letter Writing Service
…what put it over the top was the letter you wrote for me.
"After taking your gun safety class I submitted my application for an unrestricted pistol permit. It was issued in March 2015 with no restrictions. My primary state of residence is Nevada where I have possessed a concealed firearm permit for the last 15 – 20 years. My second residence being New York where I have added 3 pistols to my permit. Keep up the good work, I have recommended you to many of my friends." ~ Rick from Manlius, NY about our NY Handgun Safety Course
Keep up the good work,
"Everything was awesome and extremely informational. Best investment I could have made! The knowledge was top notch and every question asked there was always an intelligent answer that was said. Would and have recommended to anyone wanting to get their pistol permit or just gain knowledge about the subject. Will definitely be taking more classes." ~ Andrew from Oswego, NY about our NY Handgun Safety Course, Article 35 Course, SIMCO-2 Course, and Proper Cause Letter Service
Best investment I could have made!
The process of procuring a concealed carry handgun license, for most, is a long and arduous journey which requires patience and documentation. Add to this, wanting a pistol license with no restrictions, have many feeling like it’s a pipe dream! In some counties, it can be even more cumbersome, but worth the extra effort.
Despite rumors, it does not cost more or typically take longer to get your initial license approved. Though there are a some counties that do require a wait period or more training in order to even consider you for an unrestricted license. In all cases, as long as your background passes muster, you will not be denied completely by simply asking for an unrestricted license. However, you want to be careful not to irk your judge, like others have, by sending a letter once a month asking for their restriction to be removed. Doing so is not a wise decision and you must remember that the judge has discretion to suspend or revoke your license! One good, well put together letter, is much better than a bunch of short haphazard ones.
Our letters have been 2-12 pages in length! After payment is received and cleared, we email you with a survey asking a who, what, when, where, how, and why list of questions that help to pull information from you in order to craft that perfect letter that rings true to your life as well as what the judge needs to hear in order to give their blessing.
The NY handgun licensing statute requires that an individual establish “proper cause” for the issuance of a concealed carry handgun license. (Penal Law § 400.00[f]). The problem is that licensing officers (judges in Upstate NY) interpret this statue differently. Therefore, crafting a good “proper cause” letter is important, since in some counties there are multiple judges deciding on permit restrictions and you don’t know which judge you will get. We have made it a goal to find out what each of the judges are looking for when you ask for an unrestricted pistol license. We try to frequently meet with judges and Sheriffs from all over CNY to gather this information and pass it along to you as well as use it in the letters to secure the obtainable unrestricted license for you.
To get started, fill out the below information form and mail in payment for this service. After we receive your check or money order, and it clears the bank, we will email you with things for you to work on along with detailed questions that will help us get a good feel about you and your life. Once we receive the completed survey, emailed back to us, you will go into a queue. We will get started on your letter in the order it comes in. You can expect to receive your letter, emailed to you in roughly 4-6 months depending on our workload. In the email you will also receive instructions on other documents you should include with your letter to your judge. We look forward to working with you. Contact us with any questions that you may have.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Communication: If you do not receive the survey or are not getting a response via email, Facebook or other means CALL US. Technology is great but does fail and things can get lost in the cloud!
- Turn Around Time: The number of people who sign up for this service, and that we have in the queue, at any-one-time varies. Letters are worked on between regularly scheduled classes and pro staff travel obligations making the time table dependent on these factors as well. This along with each letter being unique causes the completion times to fluctuate. All that being said, the total process can be as fast as weeks but can take up to six (6) months. In most counties it is taking up to a year just to get your appointment to turn in your application so your completed letter will be done before that date. Completion time is also affected by how accurately, in depth, and how fast you respond to the list of questions that we send you. We do our best to turn the letters around as fast as possible. By signing up for and paying for this service you understand this may not be a quick process and will be patient with us while we work on your letter. We move letters to the top of the list for those working to get a restriction removed, since you are able to turn the letter into your county once you receive it from us.
- No guarantee: PS&Ed cannot guarantee your license will be issued without a restriction or that a restriction will be removed from your current license. Many factors go into that outcome to include your background, reason(s) to have an unrestricted license, which county you live in, and the licensing officer (judge) that you have. By utilizing our service you understand that the final decision rests solely with the licensing officer who has approved or in the process of approving your license.
- Payment: This service is only $300. After filling out the form above and clicking the “Submit” button above visit our PAYMENT PAGE where you can find the address to mail in your payment in check or money order form. Due to credit card fees and credit card companies being anti-gun this is the only way we can take payment for this service. Once again, after clicking “Submit” above, our PAYMENT PAGE gives you directions on where to mail a check/money order for $300 and who to make it out to. You can also review our payment terms on that page as well.
- Refund: Please note that you are not only paying for the time we spend on crafting your letter but also the countless hours of research, creating the proprietary list of questions, meetings and the expertise we have put into making this service successful. By signing up for and paying for this service you agree and understand that NO REFUND will be given due to the length of time the letter takes to complete or due to you not being issued an unrestricted license. Due to the time we have put into compiling the pointed list of proprietary questions found in the survey, you understand that once payment is made, no refund will be given.