The Basic Carbine Course teaches basic firearm safety, fundamentals of marksmanship, and the mechanical aspects of Carbine operation. Shooters will learn the nomenclature and main assemblies if the Carbine, basic fundamentals of Marksmanship and how to apply them to become a more proficient shooter.
Topics covered will include: Safety, Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship, Mechanical operation of the rifle, rifle manipulation/gun-handling technique, cycles of operation of semi-auto rifle, how to reduce malfunctions using immediate and remedial action.
Classroom Time: None
Range Time: 5 hours
Investment: $100 or $105 with credit card (Make Payment Here)
Location: Mercy Mountain 4812 Cook Rd South, LaFayette, NY 13084
Instructors: Patrick Kimball & Matthew Mallory
Register using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Serviceable 5.56mm/.223 carbine rifle
- 300-400 rounds of ammo
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- Minimum 1 magazine pouch – or method to carry spare magazine(s)
- Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions – tactical type preferred
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Good attitude