The NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course exposes students to the basics of reloading centerfire metallic cartridges with little or no prior experience in reloading.
During the class, students will use a variety of standard reloading equipment to produce functioning ammunition. Although the course can be completed as quickly as eight hours, the amount of information presented, and the probability of intensive question and answer sessions on the included topics, makes it likely that the course will take longer. Students will receive the NRA Guide to Reloading handbook and intensive lessons on the basics of reloading.
“To provide beginning reloaders with the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safety reload metallic cartridges.”
- Introduction to Reloading and Reloading Safety
- Centerfire Cartridge Components
- Using the Reloading Manual and Reloading Data
- Metallic Cartridge Reloading Equipment
- The Metallic Cartridge Reloading Process
- Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Practical Exercise
- Course Review and Examination
The are no prerequisites for taking this course, and the material is accessible to organized and conscientious people. Be aware that attention to detail is a vital skill in safe reloading.
Students will receive feedback on the practical exercises conducted during the course. There is a short written test on the lesson material at the end of the course.