In the near future we will be offering all of the required New York Armed and Unarmed Security Guard Courses. Make sure to Like our Facebook Page and Join our Newsletter to be informed of when our school is approved by the state.
Currently we offer the below end-user certification course for Security Guards and Loss Prevention Professionals. The course investments range from $20-40. Signup below or contact us with any questions or to book a private course.
Safariland OC (Pepper Spray) Certification
This Defense Technology (Safariland Training Group) Course covers all aspects involved in the selection, preparation, deployment, storage, decontamination/first aid, and legal ramifications (criminal and civil liabilities) from the use of OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) products.
Throughout the class, students participate in discussions with the instructor and in hands-on drills with inert OC. Students will have the option to being exposed to OC in order to experience the effect.
Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the final exam, students will receive a Defense Technology OC Aerosol Projector Program Certificate which is good for three years.
ASP Tactical Handcuffing Certification
This ASP Tactical Handcuffing Course goes into great depth on Portation (Carrying), Presentation (Drawing), and Handcuff application techniques. All techniques taught work on the street and not just in the classroom. This course is meant to provide the end user with a clear understanding of the conditions in which restraints may be used, justification for use, and how to document these actions. The training incorporates drills which simulate the wide variety of street encounters which require restraints. The tactics taught are easy to understand and quickly learned.
This program is used in 81 countries throughout the world. The techniques taught in this course are court defensible and backed by the nation’s most experienced use of force consultants. The repetitious drills make it easy to practice and maintain proficiency. Students will learn how to retain the ability to disengage or escalate as the situation requires.
Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the final exam, students will receive an ASP certificate of completion.
- Handcuff Pouch
- Handcuff Key
- Comfortable clothing
- Valid NY Security Guard License
- Pen and paper for note taking
With advanced notice, rental gear is available for an extra $15.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This course is only $40. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for this course.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and make payment to secure a seat in the course.
- Citizenship & Convictions: You must be a LEGAL United States Citizen in order to attend this course. If you have questions, contact us.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location for only $10 more per student. We do require a guaranteed minimum of eight students for a private NY four hour course. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the form drop down from the desired course above and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Firearms & Ammunition: This is NOT a live-fire course! DO NOT BRING ANY GUNS OR AMMO TO THIS COURSE!
- Contact us with any questions.