This course is the U.S. Federal H.R.218/LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act) qualification training under 18 U.S. Code §926B and 926C. Retired Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) wishing to carry in any state, with very few exceptions, need to attend this course to qualify under the LEOSA Federal guidelines. Also welcome to attend are any currently sworn Law Enforcement Officer who needs range qualification time or wants to understand how this federal law applies to them.
Course Length: 4 hours
Course Price: $60 for first gun, $30 for each additional
Course Instructor: NYS DCJS MPTC Certified LE Firearms Instructor
Read what our students have to say about this course:
"I took the LEOSA course and range qualifying course,II thought the course was very well presented and cleared up a lot of confusion about the LEOSA/HR218 law. The instructors were very well informed and answered any questions the attendees had. I have taken two courses from your company and was very impressed with both. I will definitely sign up for more courses in the future and I would and will recommend your company to anyone who asks." ~ Jim from Auburn, NY about our LEOSA/HR218 Course
The instructors were very well informed…
"Course was very well presented; professional, well trained instructors." ~ William from Auburn, NY about our LEOSA/HR218 Course
Course was very well presented; professional, well trained instructors
You will shoot a NY State DCJS MPTC standard qualification course with a total of 50 rounds. As provided in the LEOSA Federal law, you will be provided a card that states you have qualified with a specified type of firearm, on an approved course.
NOTE: This training session will qualify you in a course of fire in a semi-auto handgun, revolver, and/or rifle. No claims will be made as to what states or areas will or will not honor the qualification.
- Overview of LEOSA law, allowances, restrictions, and case law
- Aspects of civilian concealed carry and mindset
- Firearm safety rules and instruction
- Range qualification
- One of the following for proof of LEO status:
- Currently sworn LEO ID
- Valid retired LEO ID
- Proof of valid retired status
- DD214 for retired military LE
- A valid resident state issued pistol permit or LEOSA qualification card
- A handgun in good working condition
- A minimum of three magazines or two speed loaders
- One hundred (50-150) rounds of factory ammunition – No reloaded/hand-loaded ammunition. You will have three chances to qualify.
- A good quality belt mounted, strong side, holster that covers the trigger guard – No SERPA Holsters! Duty holster allowed for currently sworn officers.
- A sturdy belt
- A holder or pouch for your extra magazines/speed loaders
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- A hat with a brim
- Range-appropriate clothing (casual/range clothing)
Prerequisites- In order to participate, you must fall under the following criteria:
- Be a currently sworn peace or police officer for a public agency and/or have retired in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer, other than for reasons of mental instability.
- Is/was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest.
- Is/was authorized by your agency to carry a firearm while on duty.
- If retired:
- Before such retirement, was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more.
- Retired from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency.
- Have a non forfeitable right to benefits under the retirement plan of the agency.
- Payment: The course is only $60 for first handgun plus $30 for each additional firearm. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for this course.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and make payment to secure a seat in the course.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location for only $10 more per student. We do require a guaranteed minimum number of students for a private course. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the form drop down from the desired course above and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Contact us with any questions.
nra, nra basic course, leosa, handgun, angel armor, uscca, article 35, use of force, handgun, training, hr218, leosa hr218, New York state handgun safety course, concealed carry permit, law enforcement, retired law enforcement, education, permit course, multi state, nra certified, ballistics, instructors, officers, re-seller, zombie shoot, historical shoots, private lessons, try it before you buy it, pistol shooting, personal protection, metallic cartridge reloading, ccw1, ccw2, simco, green gun, tactical clothing, products, public safety, boater education, TIBYBI