This Rifle Course teaches basic firearm safety, fundamentals of marksmanship, and the mechanical aspects of an AR-15 operation. Shooters will learn the nomenclature and main assemblies of the rifle, basic fundamentals of Marksmanship and how to apply them to become a more proficient shooter.
Topics covered will include: Safety, Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship, Mechanical operation of the rifle, rifle manipulation/gun-handling technique, cycles of operation of semi-auto rifle, how to reduce malfunctions using immediate and remedial action.
Classroom Time: None
Range Time: 5 hours
Investment: $100 or $105 with credit card (Make Payment Here)
Location: Mercy Mountain 4812 Cook Rd South, LaFayette, NY 13084
Instructors: Matthew Mallory
Register using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Serviceable 5.56mm/.223 rifle
- 300-400 rounds of ammo
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- Minimum 1 magazine pouch – or method to carry spare magazine(s)
- Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions – tactical type preferred
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Good attitude
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This course is $100. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for this course.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and make payment to secure a seat in the course.
- Citizenship & Convictions: You must be a LEGAL United States Citizen in order to attend this course. Past convictions might not bar you from obtaining your pistol license. If you have questions, contact us.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the form drop down from the desired course above and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Contact us with any questions.