This Rifle Course teaches basic firearm safety, fundamentals of marksmanship, and the mechanical aspects of an AR-15 operation. Shooters will learn the nomenclature and main assemblies of the rifle, basic fundamentals of marksmanship and how to apply them to become a more proficient shooter.
We are hosting Larry Vickers in August! Don’t miss the chance to learn from LAV on the pistol, AR, and AK platforms. More info here. Make sure to read our article on AR Carbine Setup Basics.
Topics covered will include: Safety, Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship, Mechanical operation of the rifle, rifle manipulation/gun-handling techniques, cycles of operation of semi-auto rifle, how to reduce malfunctions using immediate and remedial action.
Classroom Time: 1 hour
Range Time: 4 hours
Investment: $100 or $105 with credit card (Make Payment Here)
Location: Mercy Mountain 4812 Cook Rd South, LaFayette, NY 13084
Instructor: Matthew Mallory
Register using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Serviceable 5.56mm/.223 rifle with any type of sights
- 300-400 rounds of ammo
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- Minimum 1 magazine pouch – or method to carry spare magazine(s)
- Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions – tactical type preferred
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Good attitude
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This course is $100. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for this course.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and make payment to secure a seat in the course.
- Citizenship & Convictions: You must be a LEGAL United States Citizen in order to attend this course. Past convictions might not bar you from obtaining your pistol license. If you have questions, contact us.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the form drop down from the desired course above and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Contact us with any questions.