Are you new to guns, an expert, or just looking for some formal training? Come join us for an NRA Basic Course instructed by our experienced NRA Certified Instructors and Training Counselors or have us come to you for a private course. The cost of each basic course varies based on the length and if live-fire is required. To find out more about each course, click on the course name link below. To signup for a course, fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Feel free to contact us with any questions, or to book a private course.
- Pistol Shooting Course (ILT)
- Personal Protection In The Home (PPITH) Course
- Personal Protection Outside The Home (PPOTH) Course
- Range Safety Officer (RSO) Course
- Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course
Read what our students have to say about our NRA Basic Courses:
"Just completed the Basic Range Safety Officer Training Course. I enjoyed the course and learned far more than just the Course description. Matt's teaching style makes it very easy to learn. Matt keeps all students involved and engaged. I would highly recommend PS&ED to any one looking to Further there firearm education and training. I am looking forward to attending more classes with Matt!! Thank You." ~ Mike from Clay, NY about our Basic Range Safety Officer Training Course
…learned far more than just the Course description.
"This was my first ever experience with "live pistols & handguns". I had taken the online course & was eager and excited but at the same time nervous. There was a lot to process and assimilate but Matt showed a high level of knowledge, experience and patience that translated into a comfortable level of confidence for me. He was there for me in every aspect of safety, proper range protocols, loading & unloading my handgun as well as proper stance, sighting & shooting it with a reasonable level of success. I came out of this class with exactly the experiences I wanted to safely handle my handgun in my everyday experience. I would highly recommend this Phase II class to everyone." ~ Ray from N. Syracuse, NY about our NRA Basic Pistol Phase II Course
This was my first ever experience…
"Great class! Highly recommended for anyone new to shooting." ~ Edward from Oswego, NY about our NRA Basic Pistol Phase II Course
- Payment: Basic courses range in price. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for the course you are attending.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will be registered upon receipt of the application and payment. No certificates will be issued if payment has not been received prior to course date.
- Passing a written test and shooting qualification (shooting courses only) are required in order to successfully complete the NRA Basic courses.
- You will need a NY State pistol permit to attend those courses that require shooting of a pistol, UNLESS you are in a county that requires a shooting qualification before applying for your permit. Course fee does not include, hearing or eye protection, ammunition, a pistol, fingerprinting/photo fees or fees to be paid to respective County Sheriff/Clerk, State, or the NRA.
- Contact us with any questions.
nra, nra basic course, leosa, handgun, angel armor, uscca, article 35, use of force, handgun, training, hr218, leosa hr218, New York state handgun safety course, concealed carry permit, law enforcement, education, permit course, multi state, nra certified, ballistics, instructors, officers, re-seller, zombie shoot, historical shoots, private lessons, try it before you buy it, pistol shooting, personal protection, metallic cartridge reloading, ccw1, ccw2, simco, green gun, tactical clothing, products, public safety, boater education, TIBYBI