Much like a predator hunting it’s pray at night, a bad guy utilizes darkness like an invisibility cloak to carry out their attack on their oblivious target. Being situationally aware, having a flashlight on you at all times, knowing how to shoot in the dark utilizing a light, and practicing doing such is important to thwarting the criminal element from completing their goal.
In this live-fire course you will use your gun and flashlight to engage targets in low light and eventually no light. During the class we will cover different types of flashlights, the most common flashlight holds and the pros and cons of each, being situationally aware, and how to properly identify a potential threat before introducing your firearm. Other tips on paying attention and how to get your eyes to work better for you under darkness will also be covered in this life saving class.
Not properly identifying a potential threat prior to pointing your gun at it or worse shooting could be catastrophic on many levels. In his Use of Force Course Matt calls this The Four Horses of Your Apocalypse – Criminal, Civil, Mental, and Jury of Public Opinion. Civilians must understand the duty to preserve life and make reasonable attempts to solve “problems” without using Deadly Physical Force (DPF). In some instances, we may be forced to move into the unknown or toward a potential threat in order to secure or defend our loved ones. In situations like this, understanding proper movement techniques, use of light, cover and concealment, and marksmanship skills can keep our families and ourselves SAFE when things go awry.
Course Length: 2 hours
Prerequisites: None, but we suggest the Use of Force, Smokeless Range, and Force on Force Courses to compliment this one
Instructor: Matthew Mallory, UTM Level 2 (Train-The-Trainer) Instructor, UTM Master Civilian Instructor, Massad Ayoob Certified Deadly Force Instructor, Army Veteran, Law Enforcement Officer, and LE Instructor.
Register using the form at the bottom of this page or contact us for more info.
Skills Focus Include:
- Situational awareness (assets, liabilities, entrances, and exits)
- Cognitive thinking (processing data, with the AII model, before making your move)
- Movement (to cover, shooting on the move, shooting at moving targets)
- Using cover and concealment correctly to include your positioning
- Scanning your surroundings (breaking tunnel vision)
- Issuing verbal commands
- Accountability of all rounds fired (Once a bullet leaves the gun, it can’t be called back. We are held accountable for where they end up!)
- Reloading and malfunctions
- Low light/no light shooting at different targets
CLICK SUBMIT REGISTRATION ABOVE
- Your Firearm(s) – handgun and/or long gun
- 50 Rounds of ammo
- Ear protection
- Eye protection
- Good roughly 1,000 lumens flashlight
- Note-taking materials
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This course is only $80 per class. After filling out the form above and clicking the “Submit Registration” button above the form will take you to a page to make payment with PayPal/credit card. If you accidentally closed out of the payment page you can make payment from our PAYMENT PAGE. If you want to mail a check/money order you can close out of the payment page, after clicking “Submit Registration” above and visit our PAYMENT PAGE for directions on where to mail a check/money order and who to make it out to. You can also review our payment terms on that page.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and fully make payment in order to secure a seat in this course.
- Citizenship & Convictions: You must be a LEGAL United States Citizen in order to attend this course. If you have questions, contact us.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location. We do require a minimum of ten students for any private course. Contact us to book a course at your location and we will be in touch to set a date.
- Contact us with any questions.