This course gives you 5-hours towards the 18-hours required under the NY CCIA law to obtain the Concealed Carry Firearm Safety Training Certificate. www.PSandEd.com/ny
This United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Concealed Carry Home Defense Fundamentals Course (CCHDF) is for anyone looking to broaden their handgun knowledge and be physically as well as mentally prepared to defend themselves with their handgun if the need arose. Signup via the form on the bottom of the page located here.
Read what our students have to say about this course:
"The USCCA CCHDF Instructor Training with Matt Mallory was fantastic. Matt is a brilliant instructor and very knowledgeable on the topics. The training was organized and complete. Matt was able to capture my attention the whole time with his animated and humorous approach to teaching. I highly recommend taking any defensive training that Matt offers." ~ Michael S. of Lewis Center, OH
I highly recommend taking any defensive training that Matt offers.
"Excellent instruction. I have taken multiple courses from PS&ED; Article 35, SIMCO, USCCA, ETC… This not only helped get my restrictions removed but it provided realistic situational instruction as well as clear information regarding legal rights and responsibilities. This is NOT target shooting at the range. This is situational recognition, avoidance, engagement, legal ramifications, etc… I believe this is good experience for anyone wishing to carry unrestricted and I believe the judges look favorably on this type of instruction." ~ Paul from Liverpool, NY about many of our courses and helping to get his restriction removed
"Matt is a very qualified teacher. His knowledge and experience are evident in the classroom and on the range. In particular, the range portion of the concealed carry class was illuminating. Everyone got the chance to shoot from cover, shoot from different positions and even while on the move. These are things most civilians don't get the chance to practice with live ammunition locally. I definitely plan on taking the advanced concealed carry class next month. Thanks for the great instruction Matt!" ~ James K. from Syracuse about our USCCA Certified Concealed Carry Course
the concealed carry class was illuminating
"I have to say that this was the second course I have taken and they get better and better. The Class was very informative and interactive. It moves on pretty fast so not too much down time really. The content was on point and the instructors are very knowledgeable. I am definitely looking forward to taking more courses in the future. I highly recommend everyone to take the courses offered by PS&ED!" ~ Reinaldo from Clay, NY about our USCCA Certified Concealed Carry Course
The content was on point and the instructors are very knowledgeable.
"I've taken both a private lesson, and now the USCCA Basic Concealed Carry Firearms Course with Matt after today. He is an excellent trainer in the classroom and especially
He is an excellent trainer…
Classroom Time: 5 hours
Range Time: N/A
- Developing a Personal and Home Protection Plan – Statics and Trends, Defining a Personal Protection Plan, Conflict Avoidance, Situational Awareness, Color Codes of Awareness, Areas to Avoid, Cover, Concealment, and an Exit Strategy, How a Permit to Carry Fits
- Self Defense Firearms Basics – Safety, Understanding Semi-Automatics, Understanding Revolvers, Understanding Modern Striker-Fired Handguns, Gun and Ammo Malfunctions and how to deal with them, Selecting a Handgun, Ammo
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals – Defensive shooting versus Marksmanship, Grip, Shooting Platform, Aligning the Muzzle to Target, Point Shooting, Unsighted/Sighted Fire, Flash Sight Picture, Trigger Control
- The Legal Use of Force – Defining Force, Legal Use of Force, Deadly Force, Where Reasonable Force ends and Deadly Force Begins, Force Scenarios, What Prosecutors Want to Know, Defending Home and Property
- Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath – Fight or Flight, Adrenaline and Endorphines, Recognizing Threats, Issuing Commands, When Left with No Other Choice, When Right to Use Deadly Force Ends, Immediate Aftermath, Phone Calls to Make, When Police Arrive, Statements to Police, During and After your Arrest
- Gear and Gadgets – Holster Types and Holster Retention, Belts, Flashlights, Weapon Mounted Lights, Lasers, Firearms Storage
- Basic and Advanced Skills – Creating a Training Program, Dry Firing, Drills, What’s Next?
- Government issued photo ID
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- Snacks and drinks
Signup via the form on the bottom of the page located here.