Our 6-Hr Defensive-Driving, Point and Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP) is approved by New York State and will not only refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested driving tips but it will also cover current vehicle and traffic laws. Signup below or contact us with any questions.
Or take it online for only $24.95 CLICK HERE
Length: 6 hours
Lead Instructor: Matthew J. Mallory
Receive these benefits by attending the course from PS&Ed:
- Insurance premium reduction of 10% for three years
- Up to a 4-point reduction with NYS DMV
- Review of driving tips and current traffic laws
- Taught by currently sworn NY law enforcement officers
NOTE: Each participant in this course may be eligible to reduce as many as four points on his/her driving record. The DMV computer will automatically note your eligibility to receive the reduction. If you are the primary operator of a motor vehicle, you may also receive a minimum of 10% reduction in the base rate of your automobile or motorcycle liability insurance premiums each year for a period of 3 years.
If you have points on your license the DMV will be notified that you have completed the PIRP course. Point reduction will affect only points accumulated during the 18 months prior to the course completion. ”Points reduction” means the DMV will not count up to four points on your driving record toward revocation or suspension of your driver’s license.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This course is only $45. After signing up for the course above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment for this course.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and make payment to secure a seat in the course.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer courses at your location for only $10 more per student. We do require a guaranteed minimum for a private course. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “At Your Location” from the form drop down above and we will be in touch to set a date.
Sponsored by American Safety Institute #028 | PS&Ed Delivery Agency #846