Try It Before You Buy It (TIBYBI) is a private shooting event, that allows you to shoot the guns that you desire and prior to buying them! Test drive a gun, of sorts.
Price: $25 per gun (price decreases as you add more). Includes 5 rounds of ammo and check sheet. $10 per extra 5 rounds of ammo. Add instruction for $75/hr.
Length: Up to 2 Hours
Lead Instructor: Matthew J. Mallory
Are you looking to get a new gun but don’t know which one to buy? Does the gun store laugh-at-you when-you-ask if you can shoot it before you buy it? Do you want to shoot some cool guns, like the UZI, Tommy Gun, and AK-47, that you can’t legally own? When you hear about a new gun that just came out, do you wish you knew someone that had one so you could test it out? Then come test drive some of our guns to find that perfect gun for you! It can also give you the chance to shoot guns that you never plan to buy but would just like to say that you shot, at least once! New and seasoned shooters alike, will save money by testing out these guns before buying them. There is nothing worse than buying a firearm then shooting it to realize you don’t like it, and can’t return it. We have solved that problem for you!
Read what our students have to say about this course:
"I met Matt @ the Syr. gun expo & on that very busy day he gave me his undivided attention on several topics. His seminars are real world, factual, & to the point. I am looking forward to the multi state course when I am eligible, & what a great idea is the try it before you buy it workshop. I plan on being @ both ASAP." ~ Neal from Dewitt, NY about our NY Handgun Safety Course
…seminars are real world, factual, & to the point.
"Loved the class, the hand out was nice to have except maybe formatting it so that there is an area to write comments on instead of only a score mark. Great instructions, loved the liberated structure. Was very helpful in choosing what kind of pistol I want." ~ Emily from Syracuse, NY about our Try It Before You Buy It (TIBYBI) Shoot
Loved the class, the hand out was nice…
We will start with a short safety briefing and provided with a form to make notes on all the guns. While shooting each firearm, you can take notes and rate them on a scale from 1-5 for each of their features, to include: grip, sights, recoil, weight, trigger, accuracy, performance, loading, unloading. Then tally up the totals to point you to the one that fits you and that you like the best! Signup below or contact us for more info.
Pricing is based on the number of guns you choose to shoot. It’s simple! When registering below put in the comments which guns you want to shoot, make payment for the desired amount of guns, and we will reach out to you with the dates we have open to schedule the shoot! Add private lessons for only $75/hr.
- Shoot Eight (8) of the Guns for only $125
- Shoot Six (6) of the Guns for only $100
- Shoot Four (4) of the Guns for only $75
- Shoot Two (2) of the Guns for only $50
The list of firearms that you can shoot include the following:
- AR-15 Semi-Auto .223 Wylde Rifle
- Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine Semi-Auto .30 Caliber Rifle
- Auto-Ordnance “Tommy Gun” Thompson 1927A-1 Deluxe Semi-Auto .45ACP Rifle with 50-round drum magazine aka “Chicago Typewriter”
- Bond Arms Derringer “Hand Cannon” .45Auto/9mm/45Colt/410 barrel Handgun
- Charter Arms Off Duty DAO .38 Special +P Handgun
- Charter Arms Undercover SA/DA .38 Special +P Handgun
- Crickett Bolt Action .22cal Rifle
- Crosman XR175 Recurve Crossbow
- GLOCK 21 Gen 2 45Auto Handgun with stippled grips
- GLOCK 30 Gen 4 .45 Auto Handgun
- GLOCK 34 Gen 4 MOS 9mm Handgun with Meoptia Red Dot Sight
- GLOCK 43 Gen 4 9mm Handgun with Crimson Trace green laser & light and stippled grips
- H&R 922 9 shot .22cal Revolver
- Henry Lever Action H001T Frontier .22LR Rifle
- Henry Semi-Auto AR-7 Survival .22LR Rifle
- Henry Lever Action Rifle in .357 Magnum Confederate soldiers referred to it as “that damned Yankee rifle that they load on Sunday and shoot all week!”
- Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22Mag Revolver
- IFG Pedersoli Muzzleloading Side-By-Side Percussion 12 Gauge Shotgun
- IWI UZI Pro Semi-Auto 9mm Pistol with Stabilizing Brace with 25 round stick magazine
- Kahr 1911c DE 9mm Handgun
- Kahr CM9 9mm Handgun
- Kahr CW9 9mm Handgun
- Kel-Tec P3AT .380 Auto Handgun
- Lee Armory AK-47 Semi-Auto 7.62x39mm Rifle with 30 round banana magazine and 75 round drum magazine
- Lee Armory Sporter Hunter AK-47 Semi-Auto 7.62x39mm Rifle with 30 round banana magazine and 75 round drum magazine
- Mossberg 500AT Pump Action 12 Shotgun Shotgun with rifled barrel and scope and/or bird barrel
- Mossberg M590A1 Tactical Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
- Mossberg AR Style Semi-Auto .22LR Rifle
- Mossberg Blazze Orange Semi-Auto .22LR Rifle
- Mosin Nagant Bolt Action 7.62x54mmR Sporterized Sniper Rifle
- Mosin Nagant Bolt Action 7.62x54mmR Original Russian Rifle
- Remington 1911-R1 45 Auto Handgun
- Remington 870 Express Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
- Remington M4 Semi-Auto 5.56x45mm Rifle
- Remington R51 Semi-Auto 9mm Handgun
- Remington RM380 Semi-Auto Double-Action-Only (DAO) .380 Handgun
- Remington RP9 Semi-Auto 9mm Handgun
- Remington Semi-Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun
- Ruger Security Six Double Action .357 Magnum Revolver
- Savage Bolt Action .22LR Rifle with scope
- Stoeger Condor Field Break Action 20 Gauge Shotgun
- Taurus Judge Double Action .410/45Colt Caliber Revolver
- Taurus M85 Double Action .38 Special Revolver
- Taurus PT99 (Beretta M9 Type) 9mm Semi-Auto Handgun
- UTAS UTS-15 Bullpup Tactical Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
- Walther PPS M2 Semi-Auto Striker-Fired 9mm Handgun
- Walther PPQ M2 Semi-Auto Striker-Fired 9mm Handgun
- Winchester Model 12 Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
- A valid New York State Pistol License is required, to shoot the handguns, and must be presented at the start of the shoot.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payment: This shoot starts at $25 per gun. After signing up above, please visit our PAYMENT PAGE to review the payment terms and make a payment.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will be registered upon receipt of the above registration and payment.
- Firearms & Ammunition: All firearms and ammunition are provided.
- Contact us with any questions.