Will you be traveling outside of your state for business or pleasure? Are you looking to go hunting with your handgun in another state or simply want to exercise your Second Amendment right to protect yourself and/or your family while in another state? If so, this course is for you! Carry concealed gun licenses from other states gives you reciprocity in many more states that recognize the states that you have licenses issued from. We can help you to obtain a firearms license to concealed carry in the states of Utah, Florida, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maryland making it legal for you to carry in up-to 40 states.
Classroom Time: 5-7 hours depending on number of students, state add-ons selected/needed, and other classes/training you may need.
Range Time: 0-2 hours depending on state requirements as noted below.
Prerequisites: See below for FL, MA, and MD
Instructor: Matthew Mallory
Investment: Costs below plus fees to individual states
- Utah Course $125 – Includes required classroom course, application, instructor stamp on application, self addressed envelope, photo, and rolled fingerprints. We help you to submit your initial application via mail. You must renew your license every five years through the internet.
- Add Florida $50 – Includes application, self addressed envelope, photo, and rolled fingerprints by a law enforcement officer. We help you to submit your initial application via mail. You must renew your license every seven years through the mail to include new fingerprints being sent to Florida.
- Add Florida Competency Test $50 – Required if you can not show Florida proof of training. IE: Acceptable Training Documentation This is a test not a training! You must show excellent safe gun handling to pass. If you are not 1,000% sure you can do this we suggest you take formal courses such as our NRA Basic Pistol or USCCA DSF courses.
- Add Massachusetts $50 – One hour review of MA laws, application, self addressed envelope, and MA Basic Firearms Safety Certificate signed by the instructor. We help you to submit your initial application via mail then MA will email you to schedule an in person interview, fingerprints and photo to be taken in Chelsea, MA. Once approved, they mail your license to you. You must renew your license in person after the first year and then through the mail annually for five years. On the sixth year you will need to renew in person.
- MUST have completed the NRA Basic Pistol Course before this MA law review add-on.
- Add Maryland $50 – One hour review of MD laws, application, self addressed envelope, and MD Certified Qualification Score Sheet signed by the instructor. Must be renewed
- MUST have completed the NY 18-Hour Course before this MD law review add-on AND…
- Add Maryland Live-Fire Qualification $50 – Required to obtain final MD Score Sheet.
- Pennsylvania Bus Trip for PA License to Carry Firearms $150 – On 09 May 2023 we will leave PS&Ed HQ in LaFayette, NY at 6am and return around 9pm. After stopping at the PA Sheriff’s office to pickup your license we will head to a range and gun store for the remainder of the day. Price includes the bus ride and PA license fees. Seating is limited and registration closes on 31 March to have enough time to get applications turned into PA. You will be responsible for your food, drinks, and any purchases you make. Don’t wait, register below and make the $150 payment then we will email you the application and more instructions. Every five years, you must go through the same process as your initial application – submit via mail and go to PA to pickup the license.
Read what our students have to say about this course:
"Greart course love the energy and information delivery is great easy to stay engaged and prices are more than fair." ~ Munjed M. from Canastota, NY
Prices are more than fair
"Matt is a guy that cares a great deal for those that he teaches. His teaching is done in way that is always safe and in a way that captivates the audience's attention. He is well papered in certifications proving that he is committed to his mission of PS&ED." ~ Thomas M. from Manlius, NY
Matt is a guy that cares a great deal
"I’m sure how to improve! With all the information and in such a short time. Matt is willing and able to answer questions that matter most in this time of utter confusion! Understand this it’s not a one and done course, Yes you’ll get your permit but with everything changing and everything that is out there now there are multiple courses to take to further your knowledge in the ability to handle and carry a pistol. I could go on and on and on but I won’t, just understand that you will be fully versed in what you need to know." ~ Bill V. from Syracuse, NY
Matt is willing and able to answer questions that matter most
"Matt is an outstanding instructor. This is the second course I have taken from him. He gives you lots of resources, and appropriate information for the course. His illustrations are spot on with humor built into his presentation. I highly recommend this course." ~ Edward V. of East Syracuse, NY
Matt is an outstanding instructor.
"Very informative and knowledgeable, would definitely like to attend more classes and further training with them." ~ Cooper N. of Canton, NY
Very informative and knowledgeable
"Another great experience with PS&Ed. This is my 3rd time training with Matt and every experience is a good one. Thank you again!" ~ Dana M. of Auburn, NY
Every experience is a good one.
"Informative and efficient way to get qualified and to apply for CCW multiple states." ~ Jerrold from New Hartford about our Multi-State Pistol Permit Course
Informative and efficient…
"Professional, knowledgeable and very hands on. Worth EVERY penny. Understands our concerns and continually improving to meet our needs. They work hard so you don't have to. Great experience! Will be back for more!" ~ Doc. Faisal from Syracuse about our Multi-State Pistol Permit Course
Worth EVERY penny. Great experience! Will be back for more!
"I met Matt @ the Syr. gun expo & on that very busy day he gave me his undivided attention on several topics. His seminars are real world, factual, & to the point. I am looking forward to the multi state course when I am eligible, & what a great idea is the try it before you buy it workshop. I plan on being @ both ASAP." ~ Neal from Dewitt, NY about our NY Handgun Safety Course
…seminars are real world, factual, & to the point.
"Obtaining a Florida permit was easy as I already had a Utah permit. Class is taught by professionals with safety first and foremost. Taking several more courses shortly." ~ John from Cicero, NY about our Multi-State Course
Class is taught by professionals…
Our non-resident pistol pre-licensing course will cover/provide the requirements, from paperwork, fingerprinting to the photos needed to apply for your carry license in multiple states as noted above. After each states approval, you will be able to carry your handgun in up-to 40 states depending on your resident state license and how many states you apply to for a non-resident license with. See below for a full list of what is included in the course and to signup.
- Application packets from the states to include fingerprint cards (if needed)
- Addressed envelopes for each state (just add postage to each)
- The UT course taught by a UT certified instructor
- UT application stamped and signed by UT certified instructor
- Fingerprints rolled by a law enforcement officer for UT and FL
- The taking and printing of two passport size photos for UT and FL
- A copy of your government photo ID for UT
- For Florida a copy of your range time competency (Hunter Ed Card, DD-214, NRA, etc) – More info here (see below for our competency test)
- Help with questions during and after the course
What’s NOT included:
- Postage for the envelopes (2+ stamps each)
- The fees paid to each state
- Firearms (range-time) competency for Maryland (NY 18hr), Massachusetts (NRA Basic Pistol Course), or Florida (Acceptable Training Documentation). For Massachusetts and Florida we offer the NRA Basic Pistol Course. Newer shooters or those that don’t have any formal training should consider one of these formal courses. For Florida, if you are an experienced shooter we can setup a 15-minute live-fire firearms competency test for $50. This test is not a training session. It is a pass or fail test and is non-refundable! You should already have a good muzzle and trigger finger discipline, at ALL TIMES. At no time should the muzzle swipe anything you don’t intend to destroy and your finger should not be near or on the trigger until you are looking down the gun and are sure of the target you are about to shoot. Note in the registration that you want a competency test and make the payment here.
MAKE SURE TO CLICK SEND ABOVE BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE PAYMENT PAGE BELOW!
- Though we update the information on this page regularly, it is subject to change at any time. Always check current laws in the states that you plan to travel in to ensure you are up to date. Ignorance of the law is not a defense.
- Payment: This course is $155-210 as noted above. After filling out the form above and clicking the “Submit Registration” button above the form will take you to a page to make payment with PayPal/credit card. If you accidentally closed out of the payment page you can make payment from our PAYMENT PAGE. If you want to mail a check/money order you can close out of the payment page, after clicking “Submit Registration” above and visit our PAYMENT PAGE for directions on where to mail a check/money order and who to make it out to. You can also review our payment terms on that page.
- Registration: We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to register above and fully make payment in order to secure a seat in this course.
- Range time competency for Florida (see Acceptable Training Documentation). To fulfill this requirement we offer the USCCA DSF Level 1 Course or any of the NRA Basic Courses (that have live-fire). Newer shooters or those that don’t have any formal training should consider one of these formal courses. If you are an experienced shooter we can setup a 15-minute live-fire safety test for $50. If you need the competency, note so above in the registration form and make the extra payment on the PAYMENT PAGE. This competency test is not a training session. It is a pass or fail test and is non-refundable! You should already have a good muzzle and trigger finger discipline, at ALL TIMES. At no time should the muzzle swipe anything you don’t intend to destroy and your finger should not be near or on the trigger until you are looking down the sites and are sure of the target you are about to shoot. Note in the registration that you want a proficiency test and make the payment here.
- Citizenship & Convictions: You must be a LEGAL United States Citizen in order to attend this course. Past convictions might not bar you from obtaining your pistol permit. If you have questions, contact us.
- You will not need to take this course again in order to renew your licenses in any of the states that this course covers.
- If NY is your resident state, you do not need a Pistol License from NY to attend this course, to apply for, or be issued a pistol license in the States of Utah and Florida. This course does not cover the steps to apply for a license in your home state. The New York course can be found here. Course fee does not include fees to be paid to the respective States or for the Florida proficiency certification if needed. Review the Utah Minimum Training Curriculum & Florida Concealed Weapon License Application Instructions prior to arriving at the course.
- At Your Location: For your convenience, we offer the above course at your location for only $10 more per student. A minimum number of students is required. Contact us to book a course at your location or chose “TBD At Your Location” from the form drop down from the desired course below and we will be in touch to set a date.
- The successful completion of any PS&Ed handgun training does not guarantee the issuance of a carry license in Utah, Florida or any other state that you apply to. The issuance of a license remains at the discretion of the licensing officer of the county or state that you are applying in.
- Reciprocity between states changes frequently. PS&Ed can not be held accountable if states change their laws and drop formal or informal reciprocity with other states. Students are responsible for confirming reciprocity between states before traveling to said states. You can use, USACarry.com, www.USCCA.com/travel, or NRAILA.org to check reciprocity.
- Firearms & Ammunition: This is NOT a live-fire course! You will only need a firearm and ammo for the competency test if you have signed up for it.
- Contact us with any questions.