Are you interested in becoming a United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Certified Instructor? Are you a natural born teacher or instructor? Are you good with guns? Do you love firearms and love to teach others what you know? Would you like to teach the USCCA CCHDF Course to the public, your friends, and family? Then you have the beginnings of what it takes to become a great United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Certified Instructor.
If you are an instructor or aspire to add instructor to your resume, you need this course! This Certified Instructor (CI) Course certifies you to become a USCCA instructor so you can teach the United States Concealed Carry Association’s Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals (CCHDF) curriculum. Taught by Matt Mallory, the FIRST USCCA Training Counselor in New York State! Matt is also travels the country for the USCCA teaching many of their courses. Learning from the best is the only way to go. Don’t settle for less!
Read what our students have to say about this course:
"One of the best classes I ever took. Matt was a very personable and knowledgeable instructor. This USCCA Instructor course far exceeds the NRA Pistol Instructor course. I plan on taking more courses from Matt and PS&ED." ~ Doug from Homer, NY about our USCCA Instructor Workshop
One of the best classes I ever took.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, candidates will be certified to offer certified state recognized USCCA Courses. NOTE: This course is not intended to make you a good shooter. This course is designed to make an experienced shooter a good instructor.
The USCCA Instructor Certification course is approximately a six to eight hour online course followed by a two days of classroom time including hands-on breakout sessions and a live-fire exercise. You will also cover the important skills needed to setting up and running your classroom and the range.
Michael Martin, Chief Instructor and author of Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals, will review student materials provided in the Instructor Toolkit, identify important elements within the USCCA curriculum and present tips to maximize the use of multimedia materials. Students will learn common instructor mistakes and how to avoid them, and how to use PowerPoint to integrate the USCCA curriculum into their lessons. The course will also touch upon proper business and financial management.
Classroom Time: 2 days
Range Time: 1-2 hours
- A valid pistol license
- Verifiable firearms experience and safe gun handling
- Register and pay for the Instructor Course and Toolkit from the USCCA
- Successfully complete all online modules in the eLearning
- Have all items on the below packing list on the first day of the workshop
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1) Register and pay HERE via the USCCA.
2) Fully complete the eLearning course. This must be done a week prior to attending the workshop so that the USCCA can mail your certificate and instructor ID card.
3) Once you have passed the Instructor Workshop, you will join the ranks as a USCCA Instructor and be able to teach the nationally recognized curriculum!
You will be mailed your toolkit after successfully completing the workshop.
- Pistol License
- Handgun, reliable defensive and concealable EDC (every day carry)
- Case for your handgun (bring it unloaded and cased)
- Quality waist mounted holster
- Two magazines
- At least 100 rounds of target ammunition
- 10 dummy rounds for your caliber handgun
- Hearing and eye protection
- Weather and range appropriate clothing (no shorts or open toed shoes), professional and instructor type!
- Pen, highlighter, and paper for taking notes
- Snacks and drinks plus a lunch or money to purchase a lunch
- A positive attitude and the desire to become the best instructor possible